Tuesday 12 February 2013

Physio!

Since my time with the Multi-Disciplinary Program has come to an end in December, I have been out in the world on my own. Surprisingly, the one element of treatment that I thought I would be unsuccessful at finding help with I did!

While, my physiotherapy with Wendy at the Pheonix clinic is not the same as the physio therapy treatment I received in Vancouver, I figure something is better than nothing! 

It's been just over a month, but I can feel my pelvic floor getting stronger! That's something. 

My biggest struggle has been with finding a mental health provider. Nobody has any suggestions for me, and not even for someone at the basic level. I finally went to the one at the university, but her availability sucks in comparison to my school schedule and it will be another 15 days before my appointment with her. 

The hardest part is that the mental is one of my biggest hurdles for improvement. I really need to get over some stuff in my head. Once I do that I can work on some other areas of my physio treatment as well. 

In the meanwhile, I'm going to have the strongest and most fit pelvic floor out there. Provided I remember to do my exercises daily, drink enough water and don't break down in tears during my appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...